My SEO approach is based on proven belief that organic growth is an outcome of excellence across three core pillars;
- Technical Governance – making your content visible by ensuring your website is built to web development and SEO best practices.
- Effective content – helping your customers by ensuring you have the answers to the questions they’re searching with.
- Digital PR – leveraging your brand and content assets to continually improve your backlink profile.
It’s the process of optimising everything you do.
I call it Optimology :)
My approach is based on providing SEO direction to your teams and vendors across technical development, content strategy and PR.
- I work with your team. Often in your office alongside you – I find this is helpful in education, raising awareness and getting results.
- Based on your business objectives, I share roadmaps, project plans, define KPIs and setup reporting before we do anything else. This ensures everyone is aware of what we’re doing, why we’re doing it and how we know if we’re doing well. I then work solidly with your team throughout the project.
- I work on both retainer and project basis; sometimes both and whatever works for you.
Key Brand History
I’ve been fortunate to work with many amazing brands both personally and in previous agency roles including;
- Intercontinental Hotels Group
- Oliver Hume
- Victorian Government
I’m happy to provide current client references upon request so you can get some real feedback on me and how I work.
Problems I solve
I work across many different areas with my clients however the most common include:
Understanding how your customers use search and creating roadmaps to increase your organic traffic and revenue.
Keyword Research & Insights
Audience and topic modelling for prioritising content creation, identifying gaps and optimisation of existing content.
For global businesses looking to extend their reach to global markets. For my Australian clients this regularly includes Baidu optimisation for China. I assist with international domain strategy, optimising for improved geographic targeting and local keyword research.
Code & UX optimisation for mobile – content for mobile users and mobile conversion optimisation.
Making your website faster for both users and search engines without compromising design. A faster site delivers more customers!
Providing strategy on how to improve backlink metrics; generally based on a combination of competitor analysis, brand and content driven initiatives. I can also help troubleshooting backlink issues (E.g. link penalties/Penguin etc).
SEO Technical Auditing
Ensuring a site is built to SEO best practices, covering crawl efficiency, indexation management, information architecture, page meta, structured data, page speed and more.
SEO For New Website Migrations/Launch
Getting SEO Right for new site launches with migration management support and benchmarking. I have a wealth of experience in this field with 100+ site migrations for sites from just hundreds to hundreds of thousands of pages.
What do we produce, when and how to ensure it’s effective and generates a return.
Reporting & Dashboards
Understanding not only what happened (traffic, leads, keyword rankings etc) but why. I can also provide Google Analytics & Tag Manager setup, configuration, support and training as required.
Training & Coaching
Whatever the level of your team’s knowledge, I can tailor training workshops to suit.
SEO Expert Witness
Acting as an Expert witness on behalf of law firms for matters/disputes involving organic search with a specific focus on Google search engine behaviour.
I have spoken at several digital events across Australia and am available to speak at conferences on SEO and search in general. Get in touch if you’d like to chat about your event.